Pool Industry Affiliations & Certifications
At Metropolitan Pools, we believe quality should never be compromised, and that’s why we make continued education and pool industry certification a top priority. Providing our clients with nothing less than the best requires commitment, and we’re dedicated to ensuring that quality and expertise by maintaining working relationships and continued education through these industry affiliations. Please take a few minutes to read more about our industry certifications and affiliations to learn more about how we remain dedicated to providing nothing less than what you deserve – the best.
The APSP is the world’s largest international trade association representing the swimming pool, spa, hot tub and recreational water industries. APSP is the leading
industry advocate promoting professional best practices through education, industry standards, and safety.
APSP members adhere to a code of ethics in business and technical practices and share a strong commitment to the safe, healthful, and enjoyable use of industry products.
The APSP effectively replaced another well-known industry organization known as “National Pool and Spa Institute” or NSPI in 2006.
Better Business Bureau
The BBB is a private, non-profit organization whose mission is to promote and foster the highest ethical standards between companies and their customers in the areas of:
- Dependable Service
- Honesty In Advertising
- Honest Business Practices
- Reliable Complaint Handling Procedures
Examples of services provided by the BBB are Business Reliability Reports, Dispute Resolution, Truth-in-Advertising, Consumer and Business Education and Charity Review.
To be a member of the BBB, an applicant must:
- Be invited to apply for membership by a staff person or Director of the Bureau.
- Be actively engaged in business, in the BBB’s service area, for no less than 6 months.
- Supply background information about the company, its principals or other information deemed essential to the BBB.
- Cooperate with the BBB’s activities and efforts to promote voluntary self-regulation within the business industry.
- Adhere to established BBB standards of advertising and selling, including the Code of Online Business Practices for online businesses that apply for the BBB OnLine Reliability logo, and cooperate with the BBB in matters relating thereto.
- Promptly respond to any and all complaints forwarded by the BBB, and make good faith efforts to resolve all such complaints in accordance with generally accepted good business practices.
- Comply with any decisions rendered through the Bureau’s or an alternative provider’s binding arbitration program.
- Eliminate the underlying causes of patterns of consumer complaints that the BBB may call to the company’s attention.
- Be free from an unsatisfactory report at the BBB in whose service area the company is headquartered.
- Be free from any governmental action concerning the marketplace and its customers that demonstrates a significant failure of the company to support the principals and purposes of the BBB.
- Support the principles and purposes of the BBB and not engage in any activity that reflects unfavorably on the BBB and its members.
- Refrain from using the name or logo of the BBB for commercial, sales or advertising purposes in any manner not specifically authorized in writing by the BBB.
- Promptly notify the Bureau of any changes in ownership, licensing status, addresses, telephone numbers, web site and any other information deemed necessary by the Bureau.
- Fulfill all licensing and bonding requirements of applicable city, county, state and federal agencies and authorities, and provide license numbers upon application for BBB membership and provide periodic updates on request of the BBB.
Businesses earning the right to be included in this organization have a strong reputation of taking care of their customers.
Carecraft is composed of pool/spa designers, builders, and accessory & supply retailers across the United States who have joined together to form a nationwide member-owned
association. Only select industry professionals are invited to join, and all must pass rigorous standards of quality control, reputation, and customer relations, in addition to customer concern of each company.
Carecraft was created for consumers to ensure the highest quality in all aspects of pool design & construction. When you invest in a Carecraft member company, you are assured of the finest equipment and experienced workmanship, all at a price that is tailored to your budget and lifestyle.
The Certified Pool/Spa Operator® certification program has delivered more training than any other program in the pool and spa industry since 1972, resulting in more than 200,000
successful CPO® certifications in 44 countries.
CPO® certification courses are designed to provide individuals with the basic knowledge, techniques, and skills of pool and spa operations. It covers 14-16 hours of information from the NSPF® Pool & Spa Operator™ Handbook (provided) and local codes taught by an NSPF® Instructor.
Instructors receive comprehensive training and certification to teach the CPO® certification program. These instructors represent every segment in the aquatic industry including operators, health officials, service professionals, builders, manufacturers, property managers, retailers, and academicians. The training these instructors provide has helped protect millions of swimmers by reducing hazards at aquatic facilities.
The CPO® program is widely accepted by health departments.
A Certified Service Professional® is an individual who has passed all the rigorous requirements of the APSP’s Certified Service Professional® training program. The three-level technical
program (TECH I, TECH II, and CSP) provides practical knowledge for technicians and service professionals, from structures and electrical systems, to hydraulics, pumps, and filters, to water chemistry and maintenance.
APSP members who successfully complete all three levels are granted the program’s highest credential – CSP™ Certified Service Professional®.
Afterwards, all graduates must complete continuing education requirements on an ongoing basis in order to maintain their CSP® certification.
The Association of Pool & Spa Professionals (APSP) and the National Swimming Pool Foundation® (NSPF) have announced that the organizations will unify to form
The Pool & Hot Tub Alliance (PHTA). The unification – representing a joining of equals – has been formally approved by the boards of directors of both organizations, and work is currently underway to establish and formalize governance, structure, and operations. The new, unified organization is scheduled to officially begin operations on April 1st. Unification will enable the two most established and effective organizations serving the aquatics industry to create a more powerful and efficient entity to promote the fun and benefits of being in water, pools and hot tubs, to generate more swimmers, to enhance safety, and to better protect and support the interests of a broad and diverse group of members and stakeholders. Given the dramatic changes in the industry over the past decade, there had been increasing recognition by industry leaders and members alike of the tremendous potential to maximize collective investments for the greater good. After the persistent effort, that potential will now become reality.
Saving Lives, One at a Time™ The Starfish Aquatics Institute (SAI) family of brands are innovative thought leaders – transforming the way lifeguards are trained and
supervised, people of all ages are taught to swim, aquatic facilities are operated and lives are saved.
StarGuard ELITE was formed to provide comprehensive lifeguard training, and a complete aquatic risk prevention system unmatched in the industry.
StarGuard ELITE collaboratively develops and implements client-based Aquatic Risk Prevention solutions that foster operational integrity. Solutions steeped in knowledge, experience, passion, and inspiration; together we create sustainable safety cultures that save lives.
Each day, thousands of people – people just like you – provide compassionate care to those in need. Our network of generous donors, volunteers, and employees share a
mission of preventing and relieving suffering, here at home and around the world We roll up our sleeves and donate time, money, and blood. We learn or teach life-saving skills so our communities can be better prepared when the need arises. We do this every day because the Red Cross is needed – every day.